Bettering your mind for a better you

Erin Harris, Sports Editor

Stress, anxiety, worry. These are only a few things that wander around the minds of teenagers. So many things factor into how our minds handle certain situations. Though it is hard, teens have to learn how to put their minds at ease so that they can keep themselves healthy. 

Whether it be, failing a test, living up to your parents expectations, or struggling with sports, we all have something that we are going through. Learning how to better ourselves will allow us all to be better people. 

The main thing teenagers have to learn is that you have to stay positive!

We can’t let ourselves get discouraged or pessimistic when things don’t go our way or if something doesn’t turn out how it was planned. 

It could be as simple as complimenting yourself or someone else, but spreading positivity puts people in a better mindset. Saying and thinking positive thoughts not only help our mental health but it also helps our physical health.

Dr. Masaru Emoto designed an experiment using rice and water that shows that positivity and negativity have effects on our mental and physical health. 

Dr. Masaru Emoto says, “Words are the vibrations of nature. Therefore, beautiful words create beautiful nature. Ugly words create ugly nature.”

This means that our words have an affect on our health.

Bettering ourselves starts with what we think, say, and do. 

As teenagers, it’s sometimes hard to stay positive all of the time. There are so many cases of bullying in middle school and high school. But this is not the answer!

We have to be kind and say kind words to each other.

Bettering our minds starts with bettering ourselves, and to better ourselves we have to build each other up. Spread kindness and positivity!