MASH classes offer a variety of field trips to take

Regyna Gantt, Editor in Chief

MASH offers a wide variety of subjects and classes, and with many classes come field trips. Even though they are few and far between, they are the days we savor. Field trips are a time that most all students love, because of the fact that we get to miss school, see something new, and socialize more. Most of the classes that offer field trips are in the social studies department or clubs/extracurriculars.

Senior, Rozlynne Dealy, commented, “Field trips used to always be my favorite thing in elementary and middle school, but they’re pretty rare in High School, so I always look forward to them. My favorite has definitely been Disney when we went for chorus.”

Social Studies classes:

Cumberland County Courthouse- American Law Class with Mr. Gayman. During this field trip, students in the class have the opportunity to sit in on a hearing and observe everything.

Army Heritage Center- Modern American Conflict Class with Mr. McManus and Global Perspectives with Mrs. Weidman. Students were able to eat lunch at sunday and then go through the museum to tour ir. Most students in years past have really enjoyed the trip.

Senior, Brianna Folk, expressed, “This was honestly one of my favorite field trips i’ve ever been on. I liked how both the Global class, and the Modern American class attended and I had a lot of fun.”

FCS classes:

Hershey Chocolate World- Foods Class with Mrs. Berger

World Languages:

Philadelphia Museum of Art- Students in AP Spanish or French have the opportunity to visit this prestigious museum, as well as the Redding Terminal. Here, students take a tour through the museum to gain insight on the cultural history behind the art, and have lunch at the Redding Terminal.

Extracurriculars/others:

Disney World with Mr. Kaslusky- Chorus/Band. For four days, students in Chorus and Band, flew to Disney to perform. They were able to spend the week having fun at Disney with their friends and then perform in the Candle Light Procession.

Special Olympics- Life Skills Class and Pals

Dayton- Color Guard and Indoor Percussion. Every year, the Band and Color Guard go to Dayton, Ohio to compete in the World Championships. Senior, Brianna Folk, reminisced, “I will never forget when we got fan favorite two years in a row. I am always so proud of our Marching Band and I had so much fun going.”