Students make final preparations for prom 2019

Regyna Gantt, Editor in Chief

Prom season is approaching quickly. For a lot of people, this means dress shopping, hair appointments, and lots of other really stressful preparations. The prom committee has been working tirelessly for the past few months to make this years prom great!

Junior and member of prom committee, Kyra Bachman, said that they have had to “choose the decorations they’re going to use, choose how they want the tickets to look, vote on themes, decor, centerpieces, and then actually decorate the venue on the day of prom.”

This year, prom is being organized by Mrs. Brokenshire and Mrs. Holman, along with the Junior prom committee. The theme they chose for this year is based off of Disney’s Tangled, the story of Rapunzel and her mystical adventure. It will be decorated very fairy tale like with elements of magic and fantasy. 

Senior Kara Weaver, commented, “As excited as I am for the Rapunzel theme, I would have rather had the red carpet or a Hollywood “Met Gala” theme. Prom preparations are always stressful, but I am still very excited. I can’t wait to see what the decorated venue looks like!”

Prom will be held at The State Museum of Pennsylvania in Harrisburg (300 North Street Harrisburg, PA 17120) on May 4th at 6:30pm. As parking may be limited, they are providing free parking at the 7th Street Garage (801 North 7th Street Harrisburg, PA 17130). In order to leave the parking garage for free, you must find a chaperone and get a validated ticket at some point during the dance. The parking garage is located about 8 minutes away from the museum, but the school has provided a map, as well as school police stationed around the area to help people find their way. Tickets are on sale in the box office for $20 until Friday, May 26th.

Places to take pictures near the event:

The Capitol (501 N 3rd St, Harrisburg, PA 17120)

Italian Lake

City Island

Susquehanna walking bridge/ Riverfront Park (200 S Front St, Harrisburg, PA 17104)

Fort Hunter (5300 N Front St, Harrisburg, PA 17110)

On top of the Strawberry Square Parking Garage

Places to eat near the event:

Millworks- art, food, and brewery (340 Verbeke St, Harrisburg, PA 17102)

Cafe Fresco- Asian- American gourmet meals (215 N 2nd St #1, Harrisburg, PA 17101)

Cork and Fork- Italian (200 State St, Harrisburg, PA 17101)

Home 231- Farm-to-stylish eatery (231 North St, Harrisburg, PA 17101)

Freshido- Poke and meat based bowls (300 Market St #157-159, Harrisburg, PA 17101)

Mangia Qui- Italian (272 North St, Harrisburg, PA 17101)

Suba- Spanish cuisine (272 North St, Harrisburg, PA 17101)

Rubicon-French restaurant (70 North St, Harrisburg, PA 17101)

Bangkok 56- Thai dishes (2962, 1917 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA 17104)

Los Tres Cubanos Restaurant- Authentic Cuban cuisine ( 540 Race St, Harrisburg, PA 17104)

Passage to India- Indian restaurant (520 Race St, Harrisburg, PA 17104)