Wildviews with Senior Athletes

Tyler Schwarzman, Sports Editor

Levi Tamosaitis (University of South Carolina)

Q: What varsity sport(s) do you play here at MASH?

A: I play soccer and baseball.

Q: Are you planning on continuing your athletic career at the collegiate level? Why or why not?

A: No, I am not because ultimately my education is most important for after college. Plus, I can always play intramural or club sports in college.

Nick Tewell (Franklin & Marshall College)

A: I was a 4-year starter on the varsity wrestling team and 3x team captain.

A: I chose to further my athletic career at the Division I level. I have loved the sport of wrestling my entire life, and I have always known that it is something that I wanted to do at the collegiate level. Additionally, I knew that wrestling is a skill that I can use to not only get into but also pay for my college. Very early on, I had already decided that the Division I level matched my work ethic. Following my junior season, I had numerous coaches from all around the country contact me. I took a total of 11 unofficial visits and 5 official visits. During my visits, I saw a variety of schools, varying in size and geography. However, at the end of the day, the decision was a no brainer for me. I absolutely loved the coaches and campus of Franklin & Marshall College. The small class sizes best suited my learning style. Finally, at Franklin & Marshall, I knew that I would be receiving a top-tier education, while also competing among the best wrestlers in the country.

Megan Schrass (Virginia Tech)

A: I play soccer and basketball.

A: No, I do not want to have to put the time into playing sports in college, but I will most likely play club sports or do intramurals because I have fun playing sports.

Maddie Hurst (Penn College)

A: I play basketball and softball for MASH.

A: I do plan on continuing my athletic career in college. I will be playing softball at Penn College in Williamsport. Sports have always been a part of my life. They keep me organized, healthy, and happy. Softball, specifically, has provided me great opportunities in life, amazing friends, and it has given me with a sense of who I am as an individual. Without sports, I would not be who I am today.

Sophia Morrison (West Chester University)

A: I play varsity field hockey and lacrosse at MASH.

A: Yes, I am playing field hockey at West Chester University. I decided to play college field hockey because I love the sport and want to continue playing beyond high school.