How to battle senioritis

Regyna Gantt, Editor in Chief

If you’re anything like me, the year is probably starting to take a toll on you. It’s nearly March and were all hoping for snow days at this point because us seniors don’t have to make up the days. It’s hard to think that the time has flown by so fast, but before we know it, the end of the school year will come and go and we’ll be off to college!

In order to finish out the year strong, I have compiled a list of ways to deal with senioritis and stay organized and on top of your school work.

1. Set goals- Having clear and realistic goals can keep you motivated and focused. Think about what you want for you future and how you can get there. Working towards your goals not only gives you some routine, but it’s also practice for being more responsible and ambitious.

2. Get rid of your bad habits to prepare for life after high school- Everyone has bad habits, but if you work hard enough, you can rid of those habits and have a more fresh start to whatever comes after high school for you. Overall, this can make you feel more productive and ultimately make you healthier by not having those habits anymore.

3. Have fun and enjoy the experience- One of the most effective things you could do to fight senioritis is to take a step back and just enjoy the rest of the time you have with all of yours friends and classmates. This will help you to not get so distracted by the fact that you’re almost done and make you an overall happier person.

Senior, Kelsea Ledford, explained, “Although i’ve felt like i’ve had senioritis for the past four years, it’s really kicked in lately. Recently, however, I have just been trying to have fun and enjoy my senior year and it’s given me a much more positive outlook on school.”

1. College- Colleges will reconsider their admission decisions if your GPA falls to a certain point, especially if there are financial packages involved with your acceptance. Always keep in mind that your grades are important and they need to be maintained for college.

2. Keep a checklist- Having a planner with your daily tasks, goals, and assignments can make all the difference. Keep track of everything you have to do so you don’t get behind and lose motivation. It’s always easier to to things when they need to be done, rather than later.

3. Stay well rested- Sleep is very important! According to Sleepfoundation.org, not getting the right about of sleep can, “Limit your ability to learn, listen, concentrate and solve problems. You may even forget important information like names, numbers, your homework or a date with a special person.”

4. Get involved or pick up a hobby- In doing this, you’re forcing yourself to stay active and involved. There is less of a chance that you will slip up and get lazy when you’re involved in a hobby or activity. It doesn’t have to be school related, it just has to be interesting to you.

5. Remember that you’re almost done!- Remind yourself that you only have three months left until graduation and you can definitely stay stong until then! Get excited about the future and what comes after we graduate, and use that excitement to finish out the school year thriving.