Wildviews with Mrs.Kromka and Mrs. Osif

Mrs.Osif
Mrs.Osif

Mrs.Osif

Mrs.Osif

Evalyne Simpson, Features Editor

This year, MASH has welcomed a variety of new teachers. Many students aren’t familiar with these new faces and don’t know much about them. I got the chance to interview two of MASH’s new teachers, Mrs. Kromka and Mrs.Osif. This article will give you the opportunity to get to know them better.

Mrs.Kromka is the 12th grade guidance counselor. She just began her job here at MASH and has been enjoying it so far.

Q:What has been your favorite part about MASH?

A: My favorite part has been building positive relationships with the students, their families and the faculty here at MASh, as well as being part of such an awesome learning community.

Q: If you could change anything about the school what would it be and why?

A: I wouldn’t change anything about the school.

Q: What do you think makes a good teacher/administrator:

A: I think what makes a good teacher and administrator is open communication, understanding, and a willingness to encourage each student to be the best version of themselves they can be.

Mrs.Osif is a long term chemistry sub for Mrs.Holman while she’s on maternity leave. She has also taught chemistry at Trinity High School.

Q: What made you want to be a teacher?

A: Many members of my family are educators. Their experiences really motivated me to explore the education field when I was unsatisfied working in a pharmacy.

Q: What makes a good student?

A: Good students ask questions and are determined. A good student knows the value of education and will become a lifelong learner. A good student never gives up.

Q: What are some of your interests or hobbies?

A: I love theater and I act at the Little Theatre of Mechanicsburg. I enjoy writing and participate in National Novel Writing Month every year. I have a Flex block for National Novel Writing Month just in case anyone wants to join. I also like to binge watch True Crime shows on Netflix while crocheting another scarf, blanket, or superhero plushie.

Q: How is this school different from the last school you taught at?

A: Mechanicsburg is very similar to my last school. I taught at Trinity High School in Camp Hill. I will say that the students here are amazingly friendly and have been incredibly supportive in welcoming a new teacher to their class.