Wildviews with Amanda Nessen

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wildviews with Amanda Nessen

Victoria Yother, Spotlight Editor

In less than eight months. the current senior class will be moving on in the next chapter in the great adventure of life. One of these senior isn’t leaving without leaving her paw print on the Wildcat community. Amanda, or more affectionately known as Mandy, Nessen shares a little bit of her experience at MASH with The Torch:

Q: What extracurricular activities are you apart of?

A: I play volleyball. I have also been involved in Mini THON Committee and Prom Committee.

Q: How do you manage academics and athletics?

A: It can be hard at times, I’m not gonna lie, and procrastination is a real struggle, but I’ve learned to reward myself as I go. So after practice I go home and do one subject of homework and reward myself with something, then keep going until all my homework is done and I can relax.

Q: What was your favorite class at MASH and why?

A: My favorite class so far was probably government my junior year. Although it was challenging at times, it was very interesting to see how our country operates.

Q: Do you have any tips on how to make quality friends?

A: I’ve learned a lot about who my true friends are through my last three years here. One of the most important things is to take your happiness into consideration. Yeah that person might be cool to be friends with or help you fit in, but its the people that actually make you happy that will be there for you in the long run.

Q: Who’s been your biggest inspiration?

A: My biggest inspiration is my grandma. She helped me get through a lot of tough stuff growing up, and I’ve always looked up to her as a role model. She taught me to be kind to everyone and not to be afraid of my own skin.

Q: What’s your favorite thing about MASH?

A: Although a lot of people don’t see it, I feel very lucky to be a part of MASH; it’s a lot safer and much better than many other schools around us. My favorite part is probably how involved everyone is. I’ve met so many different people through so many activities because everyone tries to get involved in something.

Q: Have you experienced any setbacks recently? If so what lessons have you learned?

A: I think choosing a college and the realization that high school is over and I have to think about my future has been a major setback. I didn’t realize how sad it would be to leave all my friends here, but I learned that the future has so much in store and to just make the most out of the time I have left.

Q: Do you have any advice for underclassmen?

A: I know it seems like you want to speed through it and leave,  but really try to make the most out of it and make sure you don’t regret not doing something. Also, get out there! You don’t know what you are capable of until you work hard and do it! Lastly, get involved, it’s so important to making the most of the years you have here and making high school much more enjoyable! You also build long lasting relationships by getting involved in things!